Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Two-a-days

Once again it's been over a week since my last post. I suck, this is even more confirmation. Regardless of my inadequacies i must press on. Just a quick update today, mainly to dump all the pics from my phone so i can fill it up again on our ride at the FATS trail tomorrow....evidently its an IMBA Epic trail....we'll see about that.

The 12 hour race in Tribble Mill went well, I'll try and rob some pics asap....ended up first in my group and third overall in Expert with 90 miles. Overall pleased with my performance, gear performed well...feeling pretty confident about Leadville. Hopefully the altitude won't deflate me right of the bat, we'll see.
The last four days have been two-a-days on the bike, trying to put in a mammoth effort this week to boost the fitness before a two week slow tapper. Good thing is my good buddy Kyle came all the way up from Mobile for some much needed R&R as well as to help me keep motivated. Nothing more discouraging than watching a dude half your weight FLY up a hill!!! He's a carrot. I'm a rabbit.
Here's some pics from our ride on day two up at Dupont...awesome trail system with amazing waterfalls. I hear it's where the "Last of the Mohicans" was filmed.....it is gorgeous.























It's pretty awesome to be able to ride for hours..never hit the same trail twice..not cover half the trails..and end with a dip in a COLD river to wash off!!! Love that these trails and many more are less than an hour from the doorstep.

You get the idea...plenty of trails....not enough time. Kyle definitely got his share of riding in while here...I'll post more as the week progresses. Out.

1 comment:

Andrew and Sarah said...

well, then, what's it like to fly past a guy half your weight up a hill...say, a hill in Mobile? cause i had developed depression after huffin' and puffin' after you plenty of times, my friend.