Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mid-race break

Today here in Greenville, SC is the US Pro Cycling Championship to determine the US champion. It's pretty cool to be in a city that supports cycling in such a major way...hopefully funding comes through to keep the race here for the future.








I say all that while I'm still reeling in the fact that I just won a new vacuum...that's right! Momma gets a new toy! Bissel Vaccum had a booth set up with a bike hooked to a wattage trainer...hit 500 watts, get a free Bissel vacuum of your choosing. Whose your daddy....hit just over 550 and shut it down....really would have liked to see what I could max at sometime....regardless it was pretty cool and funny all at the same time. Feel free to laugh....I'll drown you out with the sound of my new Bissel!









As soon as that ended it was beer time...headed over to Barleys, the local taproom here in Gvegas. They've got several hundred beers to choose from with a rotating menu, which is good and bad...find a beer you like, and it's gone. Just found a new favorite, Ommegang Hennepin Farmhouse Ale, according to the menu: Bright and lively Belgium-style Saison that's golden in color with hints of gingersnap and citrusy hops. Not sure how that all combines to make a good brew, but for this week, while it's here, it's my new favorite.











-- Post From My iPhone



1 comment:

mexican assassin said...

why is that dude holding his ears??.....i still don't trust dudes that wear black socks with shorts....grrrrr