Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Table: Round 2

We had a rare break in the weather over the last few week so all my spare time was spent riding/training for the upcoming season....whatever that's looking like. I had my first "official" race of the 2010 season last weekend as part of the Hincapie Spring Series held at the BMW Test Facility. This was a road bike race, and while I'm not much into that whole scene...the chance to race on the Test Track was just too much to resist. Plus the course suited me well, flat and smooth. Long and short of the race was that I was outsmarted in the last 500m. I felt good all race, stayed up front but stayed low in the last turn which allowed a group of six to charge high and cut in just ahead of the second wheel I was holding...forcing me from second to eighth with less than 200m to go. Ended up fifth in the sprint...won't make that position mistake again. Here's a cool pic that ole' "brokeback" (Thea) found while surfing the intraweb looking for pictures of me....weird, i know.

Enough with all that boring roadie stuff. The point to all the above rambling is that the table has taken a back seat for the last few weeks....coupled with he fact that my folks were coming and I wanted Dad around to bounce some ideas off. He and I worked for a day and half and pretty much got it all done except for the finish and the hardware that is purely decorative. Good times, and great memories. As of right now the top is in my dining room....barely fitting...and drying the last coat of dark walnut stain. Hopefully I'll have the top clear coated tomorrow night then continue waiting for the "treated" legs to dry outside so I can stain them. Should be all wrapped up in a week or so.











The first MTB race of the year is next weekend as part of the Chain Buster Racing 6/12hr series. Same series I raced in last year, just different name. As of right now I don't feel too good about my chances...legs feel heavy as does the tire around my waist. This season will really be interesting. More to come.

No comments: