Thursday, April 16, 2009






So for the longest time I've thought that people were crazy to have a blog, whats the point, and who in the world would spend time reading it. Who could possibly have that much free time. And then to my own amazement I have found myself for the past year actually following several peoples blogs, why? I dunno. For some reason I have found it interesting to know what all the "faster" riders that I see at races are doing/training/eating/riding etc.... Ironically though i don't read about anyone i really know, just different racers from across the country. Weird, obsessive? I know, but what can i say, I love this crazy sport of mtn biking. My wife will undoubtedly make fun of me, friends will join in and no doubt this blog will collect dust at an amazing rate due to lack of readership. All that to say, I'm now a blogger.

One of the main reasons for this is growing up i always remember my mom saying, "you should keep a journal to remember your life by, you'll want to look back one day!". Mom, you were right. I've lived all across the country, had countless jobs, ridden hundreds of trails, raced in hundreds of races and taken maybe three pictures of it all. I guess that needs to change. Back in the day you actually had to take your film, get it developed.....blah, blah, blah you remember the drill. But now it's easy. So I'm gonna give it the ole' college try.

Jill and I have a pretty hectic 6 weeks ahead with our move to Greenville, Sc. Throw in graduation from med-school (her not me, in case you were wondering), and our 2 week vacation out west, add mass amounts of cheese, bake at 375 for one hour....and you've got yourself a wonderfully tasty blog casserole. I'm sure at some point there will be some great blog material. Also of the next 8 weekends I have 6 races, as well as a Grand Canyon bottom to top hike in one day planned. One of these being a 12 hour race, and two are back to back days. All this while being the biggest dude on the starting line....it's gonna be interesting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

mexican assassin said...

ohhhhhhh yeah........the assassin is ready to play!

Eddo said...

okay, last comment sorry to cyberstalk you... but I have to wonder why you don't have a camelback in this last picture. I have to have my Camelback filled with ice water and amino junk or else I cramp up and dehydrate something serious. Cribby and I were riding one day and my legs literally cramped up so bad I couldn't walk. After that I got a camelback and it has changed my life.