Tuesday, April 21, 2009

ZONED!







Ever been in a race and absolutely 100% forgot you were racing??? This happened to me on Sunday. Gun goes off, great start, right were i wanted to be, 3rd in the woods and then slowly but surely it all just slipped away. Passed by this guy, passed by this guy and for some strange reason i was cool with it. Sure go on by, I'm just here riding my bicycle in the woods listening to the beeps from my heart rate monitor screaming at me. Don't mind me. This happened for about 3/4 of the first lap until finally the guy that i really wanted to beat, passed me. It then took about 10 more minutes to realize that, " hey dude, you might wanna start putting the power down!". By this time though the their lead had grown to about 6 minutes, aided of course by me spinning out on a long climb then having to gimp it all the way to the top. So for the next 1:30 minutes i play catch up, only i never caught up. Crazy thing is, they never gained any more time on me, i actually made time up when i decided to race, but it was way, way too late. Ended up 4th. Not a bad day, but i know i botched it.






There has to be a scapegoat so I'm blaming it on switching back to gears. I've decided that i hate gears. I can't put my finger on it, but i know that i ride faster/harder when I'm on my single speed. That has to be the problem. I find myself content to sit and spin when I'm on the geared bike where as i would be digging deep and suffering more on the SS. Who knows, but that's the story I'm going with. Chalk it up to another race and another lesson learned. More pics to come.













If you wanna see who my current man crush is on, then check out this video. UNBELIEVABLE!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o Sorry Bear Grylls, you've been replaced.








My current steed, switching back to SS ASAP!!!Two weeks till the Dirty Spokes 12 hour. Time to figure out gearing....better start emailing.