Friday, May 1, 2009



I've never peed so much in my life. Clear and copious is a good thing. I'm being shy when i say i have had probably 8 water bottles today in preparation for the 12hr event tomorrow....gotta hydrate now, definitely won't be able to get enough tomorrow. Right now I'm looking at a nutrition formula of 300cal/22oz water/400mg sodium/hour. Throw in some random Paydays, a few cokes and whatever else sounds good after 10 hrs on the bike and i think you have a winning formula. Fingers crossed.

I know, I know. I said that i wouldn't change gears for the duration of the race, however after experimenting yesterday with some cogs....it dawned on me to stack two on. Eureka! I've got it at about 30 seconds for a gear change, now that's almost as fast as a retro 90's Suntour/Biopace combo!!! (Godsey knows what i mean!) I'm gonna run 33x19 for as long as i can, hopefully the whole way, but I'll have a safety net just in case.

How sweet does that look!!

After the race Jill and I are headed to Greenville on a "burn the ships" mission to find a house. Wish us luck. Seems like our goal of finding a cool house in the downtown area may be killed by our current economic status....we'll see. More on Wednesday when I return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude. Forget the house...Get the apartment in the outfield of the baseball stadium.

mexican assassin said...

How about a Yargo race report?